- The Duke of York’s Community Initiative is a Royal Award presented to community projects based in Yorkshire.
- The schemes need to be owned, developed and led by the people they serve.
- The schemes should be of real value to the community, well run and an inspiration to others.
- Individual awards are also given in recognition of exceptional leadership skills.
The benefits include
- Royal recognition of excellence,
- The use of the royal logo which enhances fund raising credibility,
- The promotion of organisational pride,
- Business management support through workshops, mentoring and networking.
DEADLINE In 2017 we will be holding both a Yorkshire based Award Ceremony and an award holder’s reception at St James’s Palace, London. To ensure that all assessments are completed in time to meet this strict timetable the deadline for applications is now 31st January 2017.