- The Duke of York’s Community Initiative is a Royal Award presented to community projects based in Yorkshire.
- The schemes need to be owned, developed and led by the people they serve.
- The schemes should be of real value to the community, well run and an inspiration to others.
- Individual awards are also given in recognition of exceptional leadership skills.
The benefits include:
- Royal recognition of excellence
- The use of the royal logo which enhances fund raising credibility
- The promotion of organisational pride
- Business management support through workshops, mentoring and networking
- Access to an in-house funding stream